Get Ready!

How prepared are you if an emergency occurs in your local area, at home, school, work, or wherever you may be when disaster strikes?

Research shows that fewer than half of people with disabilities have made plans to evacuate their living quarters, and fewer than a quarter have made emergency plans that are specific to their disability needs and capabilities.

Emergency responders make up approximately 1% of our population, and they are responsible for assisting the remaining 99% of the population, including those of us with access and functional needs due to our disabilities.

Become better prepared to help yourself and others, and to find the additional resources you would need in the event of an emergency.

PERSONAL PREPAREDNESS RESOURCES

Family Disaster Planning Guide Template for September 14th & 24th 2015 workshops, provided by Mike Rose with the New Mexico Department of Health.
FEMA - Family Emergency Plan A 2-page spreadsheet form to help families document necessary information. Includes wallet cards. Available in multiple languages.
Disability.gov Information on Emergency Preparedness Lists of resources for persons with disabilities that are available at both state and national levels.
FEMA - Family Emergency Plan A 2-page spreadsheet form to help families document necessary information. Includes wallet cards. Available in multiple languages.
Ready.gov – Emergency Supply List A 2-page PDF pamphlet of recommended supplies for a basic emergency supply kit. Available in multiple languages.
Ready.gov – Family Emergency Plan A 2-page PDF form to help families document necessary information. Includes wallet cards. Available in multiple languages.
Ready.gov – Prepare for Emergencies Now: Information for People with Disabilities A 2-page PDF pamphlet outlining 4 general preparation steps for emergencies. Available in multiple languages.
Ready.gov – Preparing Your Pets for Emergencies Makes Sense A 2-page PDF pamphlet offering 3 steps for pet owners to prepare for their pets’ care during emergencies. Available in multiple languages.